P7228 Automatic Electroless Nickel Controller
• Based on a 24-bit high-resolution A/D converter
• Automatic sampling analysis and auto-calibration
• Measuring cycle time adjustable
• Indicator light & flash buzzer
• 2 stages abnormal & shutdown alarm
• Self-diagnosis & friendly calibration setting
• User-friendly graphical interface
• Highly stable and accurate with a wide measuring range
• 10” LCD color touch panel display
• Reagents free and cost-saving
• Simultaneously display parameters of Nickel, pH, temperature and analysis cycle time
• Language support in English and Chinese
• Automatic data storage with capacity up to 5000 historical records. (User could expend memory by using 32GB/64GB flash disk.)
In the electroplating industry, nickel sulfate solution is the main raw material for nickel electroplating and chemical nickel plating. The solution is a dark green color. The color depth of the solution depends upon the concentration. The P7228 Nickel Analyzer is designed for monitoring the nickel-plating bath at all times, available to ensure that when the nickel concentration and/or pH fall below their pre-set values, a control unit will command the auto-dosing system to accurately replenish dosage whenever might be required and maintain the optimal pH value and concentration in any time.
Following Beer-Lambert Law, it states that the quantity of light absorbed by a substance dissolved is directly proportional to the concentration of the substance and the path length of the light through the solution. The Nickel ion (Ni-) electrolyte solution can absorb the visible light from a specific LED wavelength. We follow this photometric method for determining Nickel concentration in the plating bath.
Both pH and temperature are important factors in the plating process. Electron-transfer reactions could change pH value, in addition, it could affect the stability of the plating solution and the morphology of the coating, which ultimately affects the quality of the electroplated finished product. As regards to the significance of temperature, the analyzer is equipped with a cooling device to cool down the heat of Nickel sample, in order to protect the mechanical parts (such as measuring cell and detection module) from overheating.